MidnightBSD 0.8.6 is now available in SVN. In includes the following changes:
1. Heimdal KDC-REP service name validation vulnerability patch
2. Updated USB stack from FreeBSD 9-stable.
3. em(4) update which includes support for newer NICs included on Intel Skylake and Kabylake motherboards.
USB update includes support for:
ASMedia ASM1042A USB 3.0 controller
Intel BayTrail USB 3.0 controller
Intel Wildcat Point USB 3.0 controller
Fresco Logic FL1000G USB 3.0
Broadwell Integrated PCH-LP chipset USB 3.0
Cavium ThunderX USB 3.0 controller
Logitech Unifying Receiver
Sierra Wireless MC7430
I have problem with ASUS H110M-D motherboard. MidnightBSD does not recognize LAN card chipset Realtek® RTL8111H.
I dont have network .
2. FreeBSD does not support GPU Intel skylake processors
What about Midnight BSD? It is sens to install XFCE GUI in Midnight BSD on Intel Skylake?
For the NIC, can you get me the PCI ID? You can use the command pciconf -lv to see all the devices on your system.
The Skylake GPUs are not supported yet. In order to support that, we need to do two things.
1. Update the kernel DRI/DRM code. This is from the Linux kernel and is one of the few parts not under GPLv2. It's quit a pain to do because the Linux kernel is structured a lot differently.
2. Update X.org to a version that supports the newer cards.
I can't promise a time table for this because of some other ongoing projects. In current, we're trying to update the system compiler and add support for some newer C and C++ standards. We also just got AWS AMIs working so that we might be able to do a package build cluster on spot instances.